Enterprise data is rapidly exploding. It’s estimated that 90% of the world’s data was created in the last two years, and this rate is increasing. This explosion of data presents massive business challenges and opportunity. Over time, data and application silos are created which complicates enterprises, limits growth, and disables efficient operations. Businesses that harness data and application integration will rapidly grow beyond their competitors.
Shadowbase Data Integration and Application Integration easily connects existing applications and databases to new applications and databases in real-time, releasing trapped data to recognize its full potential to rapidly create new value-add services for the organization. This master data management architecture is at the core of the nimble, agile enterprise.
Late data is stale, useless data; a scalable, lightning-speed data replication engine is needed for high volume fast data acquisition and distribution in real-time.
With Shadowbase Data and Application Integration, enterprises can create event-driven architectures that act on data changes in real-time to create online data warehouses, data marts, and operational data stores which can consolidate your business’ strategic data along with tactical data.
This consolidation can create solutions using big data for:
- prescription fraud detection
- credit card fraud detection
- decision support systems
- analytical processing
- fare modeling
- shop floor control
- scale-out and asymmetric capacity expansions
- and other solutions beneficial to the enterprise.
For example, a large retailer can effectively process, analyze, and distribute point-of-sale, gift registry, inventory, sales promotions, and strategic reports and dashboards.
A point-of-sale financial message switch firm can rapidly integrate online real-time fraud detection to identify suspicious activity and cut off card authorization before purchase.
A healthcare prescription claims processor can rapidly validate incoming prescription claims to seek out duplicate script submissions, avoid duplicate reimbursement payments, and analyze the rate of opioid pill fulfillment by doctor and pharmacy to identify suspicious activity. This data integration adds new and valuable business services to enhance competitiveness, reduce costs, identify fraud, and increase revenue.
The Shadowbase Data and Application Integration product suite includes these features:
- Shadowbase Streams provides the change data capture (CDC) interface for powerful and flexible data and application integration, often without modifying existing application code.
- Shadowbase Map is a sophisticated transformation and scripting facility that provides enhanced data mapping techniques to create integrated architectures without requiring any programming.
- Shadowbase ETL extracts, transforms, and loads data into flat files or new databases, while either the source or target remains open for read-write activity as the load or unload occurs.
- Shadowbase User Exits allow for extensible and customized processing of the data as it flows across the data replication engine.
- Shadowbase DDL utility is a data definition language utility that provides a powerful interface to convert and map HPE NonStop Enscribe DDL data records and fields into SQL table column equivalents.
Shadowbase Data and Application Integration software solutions provide flexible and extensible facilities, enabling diverse applications to interoperate with each other and distribute critical data and information in real-time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise globally sells and supports Shadowbase solutions under the name HPE Shadowbase. Specifications subject to change without notice. Trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2022.