- The annual NonStop Technical Boot Camp event goes virtual and is a success!
- News from HPE’s NonStop Division
- A Note From Connect Leadership
- NonStop Trends & Wins
- NonStop Forward
- Expanding NonStop Opportunities
Ron ThompsonWhen it comes to system availability, whether for “ cloud computing “ or on a “ platform “ , people frequently hear about ” 9’s ” of uptime. Many service level agreements (SLAs) specify at least 99.9 % availability (3 9’s – or – < 9 hours of downtime / year), or, 99.99 % (4 9’s – or – < 1 hour of downtime / year). In conjunction with this, to further define system performance, the SLA Availability Metrics agreed on need to be from the End User perspective and apply from the time the application initially goes live.
- Leading operator of Mexican hypermarkets achieves PCI-DSS compliance
- The Connection talks to Dave Hall on his first anniversary as Product Owner at Insider Technologies
- XYPRO: Confronting Inaction in the CyberSecurity Industry2020 was another troubling year in the cybersecurity world. We saw a repeat of 2019’s data breaches on a larger scale. Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Nintendo, WaWa and many more fell victim to some sort of compromise. Hardly a week went by where we weren’t reading about a new mega breach or ransomware attack.
- Thinking of Migrating During a Pandemic?We are truly amazed by the number of IT system migrations that are now occurring around the globe! In the strangest of times – during a pandemic – we find HPE NonStop technologists and system engineers practicing their craft. We see a surprising trend: IT teams honing their focus on new features while ramping up business continuity improvement projects, which is an inspiring and strategic move.
- Why You Should Not Ignore NonStop OS UpgradesHow long has it been since you upgraded your NonStop’s operating system? One year? Five years? Fifty years? You have no idea? Don’t feel embarrassed if you answered anything but “A.” You’re not alone. Many companies that operate within the NonStop environment have chosen not to upgrade their OS for a variety of reasons. Even though NonStop was designed to withstand the hardships of running continuously for years, it still needs to undergo routine OS upgrades just like any complex system.
- An Overview of Artificial Intelligence and NonStop
- 2020: An Unprecedented Year at NuWaveWhen we write up our end-of-year reflections at NuWave, we usually look back fondly on that year’s tradeshows and user group meetings around the world, the friendly faces we’ve seen, and the boisterous dinners with partners, customers, and friends in the HPE NonStop space. This year has of course been vastly different from previous years, with little face-to-face interaction of any sort. The year has not been without its bright spots, though.