Believe it or not, on Friday March 4th and 5th SunTUG happened – live and in person! The two-day event included a full presentation agenda, catered meals, a happy hour and of course the annual golf outing.
It was great to see friends and colleagues, partners and customers and HPE NonStoppers after over two years of virtual meetings and isolation. A special thanks to the SunTUG board for executing a wonderful event and to the vendor sponsors who joined together to make this all possible. Tampa in early March is always an attraction and many travelled great distances to attend. The sessions were enthusiastically received by the attendees with much valuable dialogue. Don’t forget to pencil SunTUG into your calendar for next year.
HPE’s Director of NonStop sales, Kevin Shabow kicked off the day with a warm welcome and a sincere request of the audience. Everyone was given an index card and Kevin asked three important questions regarding NonStop’s future direction. It was great to see Kevin re-establish this time-honored tradition because listening to our TUG user groups members has been a key factor in the continued success of NonStop.
Here are the results:
What would you suggest we do to improve the NonStop Product?
- Enable Linux
- Build an AWS offering
- Build more apps that can run on NonStop
- Change the name
- AI on NonStop
What would you do to improve our GTM approach?
- More Marketing – highlighting NonStop differentiators
- NonStop is a best kept secret
- More transparency around the roadmap
- Build a certification process for younger people that can be leveraged to offset aging out risks
How can we help you advocate for NonStop in your organization?
- Do a better job of executive outreach – stop spending all your time in the IT trenches
- Get to my CIO and tell the NonStop Story – they have no idea how valuable NonStop is
Thanks again to our great sponsors and the SunTUG board led by Teri Sears !